Apr 21, 2014

Seashells and Beach Pebble Painting

"What's in My Pocket" (c) Mary Hubley

Seashells and pebbles

"What's in My Pocket" is what I find after a day at the beach. When I get home after beach combing, I eventually clear out my pocket... Wet and sandy pockets. What emerges is treasure.

Painting Sea Shells

Painting seashells takes patience. The good thing is, they are good models - they are obedient posers, are very relaxed, and take direction well. They don't mind sitting for hours and hours, and stay put when they're being rearranged when sorting out composition and lighting. What emerges just happens, from careful observation to quick brushstrokes.

Genre: Still Life
Painting Name: What's in My Pocket
Size: 7" x 5"
Media: Oil on Canvasboard


--Mary Hubley



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! This is a moderated comment board, and I'll be reviewing and posting it soon.