Jul 14, 2014

Beach Baby with Sea Shell

Baby on the beach by mary hubley
Sandy Shoreline (c) Mary Hubley

Painting Beach Babies

When it comes time for summer, I paint the babies at the beach. This little one was fascinated by the seashells that were washed up at the edge of the waves. The beach is a place where children feel free, they can run with abandon, they can wallow in the sand, and then splash in the waves. They can do almost anything they want without being told to quiet down.

The beach is a safe place of pure play.

Play is what I like to capture in my beach baby paintings. I saw inner peace in this child as she contemplated the seashell. What's she thinking as she looks at the shell - the color? Texture? Wetness? I simply translate it into wonder.

Genre: Figure
Painting Name: Sandy Shoreline
Size: 8" x 8"
Media: Oil on Canvas
SOLD

-- Mary Hubley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! This is a moderated comment board, and I'll be reviewing and posting it soon.