Aug 13, 2014

Florida Butterfly

Gulf Fritillary or Passion Butterfly
Butterfly Meadow (c) Mary Hubley

Paintings of Butterflies

I looked over yesterday as I was in the garden to spy a colorful flitting of wings breeze past my head. I watched the small orange and black butterfly stop to enjoy the yellow flowers at the edge of my yard.

Living at the beach means you get to see all kinds of wildlife, from gopher tortoises to manatees. We have an abundance of hummingbirds and a few eagles and at least 100 different varieties of butterflies. I thought this might be a monarch, but I looked it up. It's called a Gulf Fritillary or Passion Butterfly.

Genre: Animals
Painting Name: Butterfly Meadow
Size: 8" x 8"
Media: Oil on Canvas


--Mary Hubley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! This is a moderated comment board, and I'll be reviewing and posting it soon.