May 12, 2014

Paint Out St. Augustine

Paint Out St. Augustine
St. Augustine Aviles Street (c) Mary Hubley
During St. Augustine's Romanza Festival this past weekend, I was one of the lucky plein air artists invited to paint along Aviles Street.

My spot had a perfect view of the historic Fatio House. At the Fatio house, you can take tours to view colonial Spanish life.

The early morning light hit the front of the white building and palm trees. The early sky was still quite blue, not yet giving into the gray-white of later morning humidity. The breeze rustled the palm leaves. People stopped by to view my progress.

I painted until noonish, when I took a short break with other artists for lunch - how could I resist? The street is lined with quaint cafes offering cold iced tea and fresh salads. Later, I got back to work and finished. Here, I am holding my plein air painting at the end of the day.


Genre: Landscape Painting
Name: St. Augustine Aviles Street
Size: 10" x 10"
Media: Acrylic on Gallery Wrapped Canvas


-- Mary Hubley

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! This is a moderated comment board, and I'll be reviewing and posting it soon.